Hi I'm Patty May,
Welcome back for another episode of SOCIAL JUSTICE.
Lately I have found twisted humor in my suffering and have recently appeared to be laughing out loud for no apparent reason......well.....That is of course if you don't know me.
You see, I have discovered the most wonderful coping mechanism! It works something like this: I take the chain of events that life dishes out randomly to me and store them in comic strip formation for future use.
I discovered this wonderful method, after I realized the area in my brain meant to store important information was full. So being a woman who is into time management and organization, I happened to find some empty space in the comedy section of my brain and thought to myself "why not?"
Before I knew it I was storing even traumatic events, as a comic strip. I originally did this to just help me remember pertinent information. Before I knew it, I found myself chuckling about things that normally would have re-triggered feelings of helplessness.
Not only have I found a purpose for useless unused space, I have improved my memory and I believe I have stumbled upon a new form of therapy.
Let me demonstrated how comic strip therapy works.
Let's say hypothetically you are the victim of Parental alienation, and you were convinced, that the child you love and raised to be honest, would prove your innocence, and was called on the stand to testify.
Your child was nervous and even expressed they were afraid you would be angry if they testified. Your child got up on the stand, and your ex smiled and winked at your child, as your child lied. Right about now you probably feel cluless as to what just took place, but as you play the senerio over and over in your head your stomach turns and your blood pressure goes up.
Now lets rewrite the senerio with comic strip therapy and picture your ex with a giant rainbow lollipop in one hand and a whip in the other, smiling while your child is testifying. Can you see it?
This is what Parental Alienation looks like in comic strip therapy to an alienated parent.
Now ask yourself which way you would prefer to remember it.
.Yes this is a real senerio and yes comic strip therapy is how I recall it. For me it puts it all in perspective and it removed the anger I once felt.
It also reminds me that it wasn't my child's fault and has helped me separate the reality from the emotion it once produced.
After all, what was my child suppose to do? Tell the truth and then go back home with her Father and deal with the consequences? The way I see it, it was either take the lollipop or...well you get the idea.
So why am I sharing this with you today? One reason is that I find blogging very therapeutic, it's my way of getting the poison out. Also, I like to share with others, so they don't feel alone. Last, but not least, I am a firm believer in education and awareness. I believe the bite I have received may one day be the very ante-dote for another.
I suppose this is what the WORD means by: What man intends for evil, God will use for good.
.
Until next time,
Patty May
http://www.jurisdictionary.com?refercode=TP0004/
Welcome back for another episode of SOCIAL JUSTICE.
Lately I have found twisted humor in my suffering and have recently appeared to be laughing out loud for no apparent reason......well.....That is of course if you don't know me.
You see, I have discovered the most wonderful coping mechanism! It works something like this: I take the chain of events that life dishes out randomly to me and store them in comic strip formation for future use.
I discovered this wonderful method, after I realized the area in my brain meant to store important information was full. So being a woman who is into time management and organization, I happened to find some empty space in the comedy section of my brain and thought to myself "why not?"
Before I knew it I was storing even traumatic events, as a comic strip. I originally did this to just help me remember pertinent information. Before I knew it, I found myself chuckling about things that normally would have re-triggered feelings of helplessness.
Not only have I found a purpose for useless unused space, I have improved my memory and I believe I have stumbled upon a new form of therapy.
Let me demonstrated how comic strip therapy works.
Let's say hypothetically you are the victim of Parental alienation, and you were convinced, that the child you love and raised to be honest, would prove your innocence, and was called on the stand to testify.
Your child was nervous and even expressed they were afraid you would be angry if they testified. Your child got up on the stand, and your ex smiled and winked at your child, as your child lied. Right about now you probably feel cluless as to what just took place, but as you play the senerio over and over in your head your stomach turns and your blood pressure goes up.
Now lets rewrite the senerio with comic strip therapy and picture your ex with a giant rainbow lollipop in one hand and a whip in the other, smiling while your child is testifying. Can you see it?
This is what Parental Alienation looks like in comic strip therapy to an alienated parent.
Now ask yourself which way you would prefer to remember it.
.Yes this is a real senerio and yes comic strip therapy is how I recall it. For me it puts it all in perspective and it removed the anger I once felt.
It also reminds me that it wasn't my child's fault and has helped me separate the reality from the emotion it once produced.
After all, what was my child suppose to do? Tell the truth and then go back home with her Father and deal with the consequences? The way I see it, it was either take the lollipop or...well you get the idea.
So why am I sharing this with you today? One reason is that I find blogging very therapeutic, it's my way of getting the poison out. Also, I like to share with others, so they don't feel alone. Last, but not least, I am a firm believer in education and awareness. I believe the bite I have received may one day be the very ante-dote for another.
I suppose this is what the WORD means by: What man intends for evil, God will use for good.
.
Until next time,
Patty May
http://www.jurisdictionary.com?refercode=TP0004/